What a year it's been. This time last year, I was just about to begin an exciting, scribbly new adventure and thought I would give writing a serious try.
Since then, I've written six scripts for practice. I wrote a trial short story and was thrilled to get an Honourable Mention. I've won a short script competition but didn't make the grade in two others - and however disappointing, hasn't put me off! Tis all part of the experience (the majority of it by everything I've learned from other and better writers!
Through the wonderful interwebbyness, I've got back in touch with some old friends and made some lovely new ones.
A few months ago, I was given the opportunity to write a short story for an amazing new RPG game which will be published next year and I shall insist that you all buy it as soon as it's available or else I shall personally come over and taunt you. YES YOU!
I even got off my beloved sofa and made my way to Dundee to attend one of the BBC Writer's Room Roadshows - and that for such a lazy bugger as myself is quite an achievement, I can tell you!
So, next year who knows what will happen?
Plans so far include:
- Get more disciplined and write tons more stuff till I've got some decent material to try and convince some hapless agent to take me on. This includes rewriting and polishing things I've already done.
- Increase my contribution to a couple of sites that I've shamefully been a little tardy with.
- Enter loads more competitions.
- Bombard the BBC Writer's Room till they either flee in terror from me or take me on!
- Watch loads more telly - I mean *cough* 'Research'.
Hope you all have a most fab and fluffy New Year!